You’ve invested the time in researching your choices, you’ve asked for advice & guidance, you’vre tried them on and possibly gone through loads of cheap goggles that leaked, fogged, gave you panda eyes and in general frustrated the hell out of you.
No that you have invested your money in a decent pair of swim goggles it is time to look after them properly.
Here are a few top tips on how to care for your swim goggles:
- Rinse your goggles in clean, cool water after every swim to remove traces of chlorine, salt or sand, which may damage your goggles over time.
- Hang your goggles and allow them to air dry.
- Most goggles have anti-fog coating; do not rub the inner lens surface, especially when it’s wet, so you don’t remove it.
- Do not use paper products, or rough fabrics to clean your goggles. If you absolutely have to clean the lenses, make sure you use a soft, lint-free cloth.
- If the strap is very dirty, you can clean it with soapy water, but make sure none of the soap reaches the lenses.
- Never keep your goggles exposed to direct sunlight. Intense heat will let the silicone dry and the goggles’ color will fade.
- Store your goggles in a special pouch or case to protect them and keep them clean and scratch-free. Wash the pouch or case regularly.
Thanks to the folks at Instabeat for breaking it down.
Have you any extra advice on looking after your swim gear?